There are currently a number of institutes/colleges locally which hold affiliation with the University of Ghana for the purpose of enrolment, teaching and award of degrees and diplomas of the University. These affiliations cover non-degree, Bachelor’s degree and post-graduate degree programmes. Institutes/Colleges which presently hold affiliation status with the University are as follows:
1. Accra College of Medicine, Accra
2. African University College of Communications, Accra
3. Catholic Institute of Business & Technology, Accra
4. Catholic University College, Sunyani
5. Christian Service University College, Kumasi
6. Family Health Medical School, Accra
7. Ghana Armed Forces Command and Staff College, Accra
8. Ghana Institute of Languages, Accra
9. Institute of Accountancy Training, Accra
10. Islamic University College, Accra
11. Knutsford University College, Accra
12. Methodist University College, Accra
13. Narh-Bita College, Tema
14. Nightingale School of Nursing, Accra
15. National Film and Television Institute (NAFTI), Accra
16. Pentecost University College, Accra
17. Presbyterian University College, Mpraeso/Abetifi-Okwahu
18. Regional Maritime University, Accra
19. St. Peter’s Seminary, Cape Coast
20. St. Paul’s Seminary, Sowutuom –Achimota
21. St. Victor’s Seminary, Tamale
22. Western Hills School of Nursing, Accra
23. Wisconsin Int. University College, Accra
The University of Ghana is a member of the International Association of Universities (IAU), the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) and the Association of African Universities (AAU).
The University is also a member the League of World Universities (which comprise 47 renowned research universities all over the world).
The University has also established academic and research links with several Universities and Research Institutions worldwide.
In addition, the University has also been linked to the Norwegian Universities’ Committee for Development Research and Education (NUFU), the Council for International Educational Exchange (CIEE)
based in New York, International Student Exchange Programmes (ISEP) and the Commonwealth Universities Student Exchange Consortium (CUSAC), among others.